• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OEM LOGO in system properties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MethanolMan

Registered
How do i put a logo in my system properties and some text.?

I found this but It uses words that I dont understand.

Once you have finished creating the file, you need to save it.
The file name you MUST use is "oeminfo.ini". In order to be able to save the file without the ".txt" extension, choose in the "Save as file type" selection, change it from ".txt" to "All Files". You can then enter your own extension
what does this mean
You can then enter your own extension
and also when i save as file type it wont let me write anything there so i put it the box above in note pad and when I went to shut my pc down it said error.
With the note pad box shown right before i ended the task and shut it down.

http://www.amset.info/netadmin/oeminfo.asp

Could one of you fine peeps say what this means in laymens terms please
Thanks In advance MethanolMan.

Last edited:
What words do you not understand. you just make the text file exactly like their example then move it to the directory they tell you to move it to. For the graphic you make it to the specifications stated and then name it like their example then move it to the directory they tell you to.

I updated this thread to help you better under stand me thanks

I dont now what to put in the save box.
I also dont no if i need to get rid of the ansi or pic unicode

sorry but Im lost

Last edited:
Click the little arrow to the right of txt document and select All Files then rename the file with a .ini ending instead of a .txt. If that is still unclear save it as a .txt then rename it after with a .ini.

Thanks so much now that was great help Sorry to be a pain but I just could not follow his pc savoy talk or savoy to me lol like my sig says im a real newb lol

Its one from Alienware I use to have one Before I built my fist pc so I have access to them for certin things to download free for life.

Back