• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800 overclocks.....post em here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ludeboy12

ok so i was wondering what kind of overclocks people were getting with their 7800s.....

kinda still trying to decide if i want a regular gtx and just overclock it or if i really want to get the gtx ko edition.....

anyways if people could post what brand card they have, if they have stock cooling or not, and their overclocks that would be great....

thanx in advance....

XFX 7800GTX Extreme Gamer Edition (490/1300Mhz)

Autodetect: 491/1300 :rolleyes:
Manual: 496/1305 on stock cooling with Arctic Silver 5 applied to core, and Arctic Ceramique applied to memory and power regulators.

Idle Temperature: 50C
Load Temperature: 85C

God help us. :bang head

BTW - Skip the eVGA KO edition and get an XFX and save yourself $30! (All the better to use towards some better cooling *hint hint*) :cool:

571 / 1370 galaxy 7800gtx but if you include the 40mhz that is added onto
the clock speed by invidia

610 :santa:

Last edited:
mines 540/1.35 at the moment.. ran 3dmark03 all night

wat coolbits verson do u guys use? mine says its at 300 but its not true obviously.. 3dmark shows me 540 thats ho wi got those stats.. memeory speeds are right..

im using 2.0

I believe you overclock them both simultaneously (sp?), the overclock will only go as far as the slower card.

I.e. One could have overclocked to 1.35 and the other by itself would have normally reached 1.28. They will both OC to 1.28 and no further.

Thanks what I think happens anyway.

BFG 7800GTX OC stock, no mods

488Hz Core 1363Mhz Memory (528MHz core with the +40MHz)

Idle temp ~50C, full load temp 60C with 28C ambient. Stock cooling, case has 80mm Panaflow blowing in from the side directly across the card, does wonders to cool it off.

Ran two BFG 7800GTX OC's in SLI, didn't overclock but their temps were 67C on both cards full load. With the side fan disabled it top card was reaching 77C and bottom card was 71C

Oh man... now I feel stupid. I just sold my BFG 7800GTX to someone. I never OCed it, but since it comes stock OCed I should be aloud to post in here.

460/1300 baby, for a few more days, lol.

Which one is the galaxy 7800gtx, and how come you add 40mhz to it?

ive been using coolbits 2.0 and i realized it isnt allowing me to ovrclock my core.. i thought i was but it was only the 40mhz trhing that made it seem that way lol

wat program do u guys use that works for 7800gtx?

Last edited:
Maybe it means that nvidia says 40mhz higher for some reason? Maybe I said it backwards... I have no idea what's going on with that. Also, what's Galaxy 7800gtx?

Why start a new thread when there is a sticky related to this very issue - for people to post their overclocks... ?

Mr.Guvernment said:
Why start a new thread when there is a sticky related to this very issue - for people to post their overclocks... ?

Umm...cause this one's shorter? Easier to read through? :shrug: I'm reaching here... I clicked on this one without seeing the other one? :bang head

Leadtek
updated leadtek bios (450/1250)
zalman vf700-cu heatsink
485/1400
idle ~ 38-42
load ~ 59-63

Pretty sure core's maxed, haven't pushed memory much further. We'll see. First time in 3 or 4 cards I get some nice memory...too bad the core can't get 500. That'd of been some nice numbers to look at...

500/1400...so even...so divisible :p

i'm at 511/1350 on my BFG O/C, that's with a maze 4 water block.

idle temps 31-32C
load temps 37-38C

Back