• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP 640i DVD Writer Help!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amoroso

Rig is in the sig...

Okay, I just bought this, I needed a DVD writer, so for the extra 20 bucks I got the lightscribe feature.

Okay my prob... I unplugged the old writer, and threw this guy in... computer recongnized it and everything. But when I put a blank media, it wont recognize it... you know when that window pops up telling you what you want to do with the blank media, and when I click on the drive with the blank media it says, D;\ is not acessible, incorrect function... WTF?

Also on already burnt CDs, when Im in My Computer, it doesnt show the name of the CD, just the name of the drive... but if I click on the drive I see the info.

I have all the drivers and firmware updated... dont know what to do...

also another question, my entire tower viberates alittle bit... could that hurt the drive?

Thanks guys.

do you have the dvd burner software installed?

I don't think a little vibration would hurt a CD/DVD drive... maybe a hard drive but it would have to be pretty extreme for it to actually damage one of your drives IMO.

Back