• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to setup Safecom SDIO 802.11b Wireless card for home network??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCdragon

I am trying to setup the above SDIO Wireless Lan Card for my Acer N35 GPS/PDA to work with my home wireless network, which comprises of an 3Com ADSL/Wireless Router and two PCs one of which is currently wirelessly connected to this 3Com Router! These two PCs are both running Windows and have been sharing the network and internet fine. That is why I also wanted to add this new Acer N35 PDA/PGS in the network also to maximise its usages.
To secure my wireless network I have been using SSID non-broadcasted, 128-bits WEP, and also MAC Filtering! I installed the SDIO 802.11b drivers and its utility in my Acer PDA, and I could even log onto (as a test only) my neighbour's wireless network fine,which is NOT encrypted nor SSID hiding. Therefore it has proven that my SDIO wireless card is working fine in my PDA as I could surf the net too temperarily. However I could not properly connect to my above said wireless home network, as it keep asking me to re-try my Network Key,which I am inputing as 13 Hex values,seperated by "dots". I obtained these Network Key values from my Wireless Router under its 128-bits HEX values instead of its Passphrase.

Therefore my questions are:
1) Anyone have successfully setup this Safecom SDIO wireless card in this working environment or similar? If you did, could you tell me some hints?
2) Was I correct in inputting my Network Key in HEXes, separated by dots and Capitalised the characters as well?
3) The SDIO Menu does not have a menu,rather than said "Open" network, in inputting my hidden SSID also, which I believe I have to? :confused:

Thanks in advance

I have try that too but it doesn't work. Also I have not been asked about inputting my SSID in my N35 PDA, which I should have been because I have hided it in my router.

This is an update to my wireless problems reported. I am pleased to say that I have resolved my problems now!! I have done TWO things as folows:

1) Entering my Network Key in HEX without "dots" separation.
2) Un-hidden my SSID in my Wireless Router so that my PDA/Wiress card could find it. :)

Back