• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shellshock

Well, I am wanting to upgrade my xp, I have home, and I want to go pro, but i dont wnat to do a reformat, just a reinstall, so I dont have to backup everything agan, but when I try to install it, it says it cant contue because the verson im using is newer than whats on cd, becuase of the updates im guessing. Is there anyway to kill all the updates so i can install

Thanks guys

Its not just the upadates. You cannot, AFAIK morph XP Home into XP Pro. A fresh reinstall after a wipe out needs to be done.

Actually I think it is possible to do an update from Home to Pro without doing a format, not that it is really the recommended route. I have a feeling I did it at some point anyway, but I could be mistaken.

Is the CD service pack behind the service paack that you are running? Also are you booting to the CD or trying to install from within Windows?

Just so that you know trying to do an OS upgrade by installing over will usually cause more problems than it is worh. Unless you have some specific need to Pro I would recommend either stick with Home or do a full format.

Back