• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark03 being wierd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inkfx

In the past month or so my 3dmark03 scores have been really strage and was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Some people have told me they are getting wierd scores with it too. Earlier today when I ran it I scored about 6600. Yet in other benchmarks, like Aquamark, I score fine and games run flawless. I dont get it is there some kind of glitch with 3dmark or is it just me? Ive tried reformatting, new drivers, you name it ive probably tried it and still get this low score.

If you want help you need to post a compare link of a published score. You don't really make it clear with "strange & weird" what is happening. Also you have two systems apparently, we need to know which one.

Imho it looks like your drivers are set for quality instead of performance. that would account for your score being about half what its supposed to be. Also look into the drivers for where they come from, as I was under the assuption that the 77.77 were the latest, and yours are listed as newer. 78.01 Dunno if nv just released new ones, or there beats for something. but it could remotely have an effect.

So in the settings for my videocard I should change it to performance instead of quality and all those other settings to off? Should that put my score back to normal? Oh and nVidia just released the drivers, I got them yesterday off their site.

for 3dmark benchies people go with performance all the time, as around this section its about getting highest score. an turning off eyecandy will help lots.

Also thanks for heads up on drivers. not the NV follower so aint know they released new ones.

Ill try running the bench again in a bit with those settings changed. Hopefully that will boost my score up back to normal. No problem on the heads up, I was taken by suprise when I went to update the drivers. I mustve gotten em just as they were released or something.

Well putting those settings lower didnt help. I still get the same low score.
3dmark038wf.jpg

Maybe ill play with my ram timings a little bit. I hear that 3dmark is sensitive to what they are set at. Maybe it isnt agreeing with what they are at now which is 2.5-3-2-8.

Try running one with all display settings set on max quality. If setting performance settings didn't change anything (and it should have), then you might have a problem with your drivers. Running one with high quality settings might help clarify that theory.

Well I was also getting this score with the 71.89 drivers. I will try running it with my quality setting set to max.

Sorry its taken me a while to respond but ive been busy with school stuff and havnt had the time to run 3dmark. Well here it is..
asdf9bp.jpg

I dont know what to try. Ive tried 3 different drivers and still get this low score. ( 71.89, 77.77, and now the 78.01)

Back