• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

future system questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkside1016

Here's my landing on a few ideas of a system I'm building within a few months.
I'm going for at least a 2.4 Ghz stock system w/ DFI or ASUS AMD

First off, I need a approx date when all of the following will be available to purchase:

SATAIII? I heard someone mention this. BIG Leap from my SATA150
CrossFire w/ Radeon R580 is my aim, but dual G80's is fine too.
Thats about it that I'm waiting for, I'm not waiting for the M2's, it's too far away. Any info on SATAIII and offical launch dates for it would be usefull aswell as your guy's opinions on a system of this calibur at this time.

SATAIII?!?!, well never heard of it. SATAII is not that old, still fairly new, so I think the third verison may be far off.

I think the R580 and G80s will be released almost the same time as M2, since M2 is expected to be released Q1 of '06. I think the R520 will be released next month or the month after, but still, that's not too far away from M2s.

In that case should I wait for socket M2 to upgrade, I want one of those video cards so I might as well wait. Maybe crossfire will be implemented more by then too. I was looking at a X2 4400+, so far that's what I am interested in, considering multi-threaded gaming era with Unreal 3, Quake 4, and maybe patches for FEAR and BF2.

Back