• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kr0n0s

Registered
Hey all,

I figure im going to startmy questions here as my OC'ing issues were quickly resolved but a oc member.

I recently bought 2x512OCZ Premier pc3200 sticks, they run @ 2.5-3-3-7

when i put them into my machine with my existing 512 of OCZ rev 2

the Rev2 overrides all the other ram and only allows itself to be used. i take it out, i have no problems with the 1gig thats in it, but if i put it back in in any config, same deal, only the 512.

has anyone heard of the rev2 cihps taking control like this before?

That's not Rev2 taking control, it's a standard thing that happens if you use two pair off different kits because they run on different timings.

You will need to edit the timings yourself in order to get them working.

You can't run 3 sticks of ram in the board unless you change the CMD rate to 2T. Mixing sticks is never a good idea, but if you do you'll want to manually set your timings to 2.5-3-3-7 and the voltage to 2.7V

Steve

Steve

i tried manually putting the settings = only 512 in use

also tried finding the command rate to set to 2 however i do not think my bios supports such a change.

i found that the "command per clock" when set to disabled is 2t, this did not resolve the issue.

any more ideas steve

Most likely it's simply an SPD conflict. If you haven't already try changing the sticks around in the slots. Maybe a different order of the sticks will help

yea, i have tried all the different configs. still nothing, i think ill just get rid of this 512 and get a 1gig stick. with vista coming out, i might as well cram as much in as possible.

now i have
OCZ Premier PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400 CL2.5 3-3-7 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit W/ Ramsink

should there be any conflict if i bought
OCZ Performance PC3200 1GB DDR400 CL3 3-3-8 184PIN DIMM W/ Ramsink

to go with it?

Mixing sticks of different sizes is a bad idea. I don't even know if the DFI will run them in that combo. If you really want more than 1GB of ram you should look at getting 2x1GB sticks and be done with it :)

Back