• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair HydroCool200EX Water Cooling System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverfoot

Has anyone used one of these yet?

I am building a Pentium D 820 system, and am sick and tired of Air cooling P4's.

It claims a 200watt heat displacement which would be more than enough, even with a decent overclock.

I like the idea of it being modular and pretty much plug-n-play if you will.

Any thoughts on modular systems vs. internal? I have never set up a wc system , so the idea that I only have to seat the water block and fill the resevour (sp?) is appealing. I would have to buy a compliant water block for the Pentium D, but that's okay.

Hexus net
Trusted reviews
Toms Hardware

Thanks guys, nice site you have btw

9mmCensor said:
Welcome to the forums!
Nice reply :rolleyes:

Anyway, that kit you mentioned is around $200, here is a MUCH better setup:

Storm - $75
MCP655 - $75
2-302 heatercore - $25
Tubbing & Clamps - $10

Total - $185 ;)

thegreek said:
Storm - $75
MCP655 - $75
2-302 heatercore - $25
Tubbing & Clamps - $10

Total - $185 ;)

Thank you for your input.

What is the space requirement for the heater core? The case that my wife just suprised me with (risky) has 2 80mm mounts in the back. Is that rad going to fit in there?

That water block looks frickin awsome. Last time I looked into blocks they were nowhere near that.....technical.

Silverfoot said:
What is the space requirement for the heater core? The case that my wife just suprised me with (risky) has 2 80mm mounts in the back. Is that rad going to fit in there?
It likely wont fit without some creative fitting work. Either Cutting, or creating an external box.

9mmCensor said:
It likely wont fit without some creative fitting work. Either Cutting, or creating an external box.

Okay, thanks.

I guess that is why the modular unit is appealing, I KNOW everything will fit.

Perhaps I'll minglethe two, buy the modular, but use the Storm water block.

Thanks for your input guys :thup:

I have the hydrocool on an 865 mobo and it is nice, no issues for past year and half

it cools my cpu and gpu with temps at 34 under load (p4 3.2 clocked at 3.6)

along with x800pro clocked at xtpe speeds

very simple, but the external box is quite big(shoebox size)

Silverfoot said:
Okay, thanks.

Probably wont work as well as one might think, and likely not worth the extra cost.

Kits are designed to work best together. Taking one part out of a kit, and subbing in another, changes the entire dynamic of the kit. In this case the Corsair block would be optimized for the pump and rad.

Silverfoot said:
Okay, thanks.

You could build your own radbox (aka a box that holds a psu, pump, rad and the fans) and then put that under or above your case.

Silverfoot,

The Corsair HydroCool is no long being produced. It's been replaced by the Corsair COOL.

However, Lee at www.systemcooling.com is selling a "NEW" HydroCool that was only tested for a review, for just $60. This is a real bargin since most kits do not have the features that the HydroCool has.

The HydroCool 200 uses 3/8" ID tubing inside the external WC'ing LAN box and 1/4" ID tubing external to the cold-blocks. However, many people have switched the external 1/4" tubing to 3/8" for perfomance gains. The HydroCool is one of the few kits that have the ability to be modded in several ways. The HoH forums are loaded with information dealing with this.

The HydroCool 200 is still one of the best kits around. www.overclockers.com still rates it in the top 5 kits today.

I have two of the units myself. I really like the external setup. LESS chances of leaks inside of the computer case.

Stev

Since this isn't the "Classifieds", let's lose the chatter about buying/selling shall we? ;)
Things like this should be done via private communications (PM, email, snailmail, telegragh, smokesignal, drums, etc) :)

LutaWicasa said:
Since this isn't the "Classifieds", let's lose the chatter about buying/selling shall we? ;)
Things like this should be done via private communications (PM, email, snailmail, telegragh, smokesignal, drums, etc) :)
We put messages in ice balls and roll em.

Back