• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet options, please HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

Sorry for such a brief message, but I dont have much time.

I pretty much need to know- Is the Verizon Wireless broadband network my only other internet option if my dorm room has no cable or phone line? Also, the nearest WiFi hotspot is over a quarter mile away, so that option is out. Even with my pringles can I cant pick up any signals.

If Verizon is my only option, what kind of speed can I expect, and most imprtantly, what kind of latency for games!

Thank you guys, sorry its been so long since I've posted, the Air Force is keeping me busy!

*Edit I've STILL been unable to get any good info on the verizon service. I'm really hoping you guys can ehlp me out :-0

Last edited:
Are you talking about this?

If so, I have this (provided by my work). It's great cause you can use it anywhere, have yet to find some place where I could not connect at all, BUT I would not recommend it for anything other then just browsing the web, e-mail..light stuff like that. At times it can be very slow, other times it is ok.

Your school has no connection for students to access the internet from their dorms? What's up with that? :shrug:

Back