• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else have defective Leadtek 6800GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeadRusch

I had been having some computer issues (heat related) that I've since squashed. However I also noticed that on certain games running on my Leadtek 6800GT card, I'd get graphical corruption.

A game like FEAR's demo, for example, seemingly plays fine...without any graphical corruption. The occasional flickering shadow perhaps but nothing more, the kind of thing you attribute to just about any game.

Quake2.....Unreal Tournament 2004...again, no problems whatsoever...everything looks pretty, even overclockign the card to Ultra and beyond levels.

But Battlefield2 is a flashing shadow nightmare. And I just installed an old game VIETCONG, and it too is giving me FITS of flashing polygon madness!!!

I read online that lots and lots and LOTS of people have had problems with the Leadtek TDH400 6800GT, and LeadTek is no help. To be fair I can't RMA mine anyhow since as soon as I saw the flashing polygons from shadows on Battlefield2, I immediately ripped off the huge copper heatsink, applied Arctic Silver, scraped off the lousy thermal pads they had on everything, etc.

no change.

Fact is, this card goes all kinds of flaky on me, but not ALL THE TIME. Like I said.....

Quake2, totally solid.

Battlefield2: Shadows or dynamic lighting, something causes graphical anomalies.

UnrealTournament, UT2003, UT2004: Rock Solid

VietCong: Lots of flashing glitches. NOT texture corruption mind you, like when you have your GPU overclocked...this is actual polygons and other weird ugliness flashing in and out for a split second.

Like there is a problem with 1 pipe of the core or something, or one part of a Vram chip is bad and when games dont use that part, everything is fine. (VietCong can't possibly be using 256megs of Vram tho)....

I dunno, I'm stumped. I get the problem overclocked, underclocked, at stable speeds, witht he CPU overclocked or not......

Too bad, card isn't even a year old. So far I'm just sitting on it and dealing with it......but if they made an AGP 7800, I'd probably buy one of those.

Anyone else suffer the Leadtek TDH-400 Nightmare!?

I've got more info: Tonight I did some testing with 3DMARK 03...the one with the airplanes.

No artifacting at all on the 3D portions.

MAJOR artifacting during the CPU tests, where the CPU does all the work in the airplane sequence. Once the 3D stuff kicked in again, artifacting went away.

What the hell is going on with my card...why would the thing flip out and give me all this weird artifacting during the CPU only tests...???

Back