• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS SLI Deluxe or Premium ? Need Opinion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScarfaceFX

i want to buy one of these boards,but i cant decide which,i was comparing the 2 on newegg and really didnt see a difference besides that heatpipe chipset cooler.any ideas on which one is better for ocing ? thanx

The premium took care of a LOT of bugs that the deluxe still has and is X2 compatiable out of the box

Both are most likely X2 compatibile. All of the newer boards are, nearly every skt939 probably is by now.

Hard to say which is better. I'd probably say the Preminum would perform better since it's a little bit more developed for SLI. The silent heatpipe is also pretty useful probably. It also has a great SLI interface.

I'd probably search up more reviews and information on it.

Here's one on the top of my head:
http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050323/index.html

Don't, wait for the Intel 975 chipset in another month or so.

Intel 975X chipset is Intel's SLI board, that also supports Crossfire.

I've had a boo boo with my mobo last week and need a new board asap. But after reading about the issues with the nForce Pentium 4 chipsets (including this board), I don't think I want to go that route.

True these were complaints about the Deluxe version, and thier Premium versions seem to take care of most bugs; the only thing Asus's nForce P4 chipset has going for it is the location of the 1X PCI-E slot. I'll be able to squeeze my 1X PCI-E SATA card in there (when I get it, they are making it to the market now).

PCI-E 1X = up to 500MB/s.

I'm waiting to see the layout Intel does for their board, and then waiting on Asus' version. I know, long wait. But I'm back to stock speeds now. I can hold off.

hmmm..........good thing im not an intel fan :D .i just read a PC stats review on this board and it looks great.this is for an AMD 64 by the way,not intel,but thanx

ScarfaceFX said:
hmmm..........good thing im not an intel fan :D .i just read a PC stats review on this board and it looks great.this is for an AMD 64 by the way,not intel,but thanx
Have to be specific. Asus has both an AMD and Intel-specific nForce SLI boards. :p lol

Please don't start the "AMD vs Intel" war here. In that retrospect, it's a good thing I am not an AMD fan. :D

Back