• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have im sure a very simple OC question i cant figure out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twiggz

Starting First OC Later Today on AMD64 3000+ Winchester

Ill let you guys know how i do, Could be bad , maybe not , Taking a stable system and messin with it :)... prob gonna be limited by my memory only pc3200 comin in and i dont want to do anything other than 1:1 ratio

Last edited:
ok
cpu in mhz = htt*multipliyer
ex 3000+(1800mhz)=htt(200)*9(default multiplyer)
ht bus should not go over 2000mhz here is how to calculate it
200(htt)*4(default mobo htt multiplier)*2=1600 system bus with the cpu@1800mhz

when u overclock
ex1): 250(htt)multiplier cpu (9) u will get 2250mhz cpu frequency
and your system bus is @ 250*4*2=2000mhz
here is the simple formule
so any things@200htt u can use the 5X htt multiplier
201-250 4X htt multiplier
250++ 3X htt multiplier
to stay alwais under the 2000mhz
the system bus has a little with overall system performance
for exp
it is better to run the htt @4x with htt @240 to get 240*4*2=1920
than htt@3x with htt@240 240*3*2=1440 higher system bus is alwais better as u know i had seen a review cant remenber where about this so if your mobo is capable to run with high system bus so why not if it is not stable so just drop the htt mulyiplier and u will be alwais ok
i think through my exp all those think are clear in your mind :santa:
it is so easy u will see

Alright Thanks, gonna give it a few rounds see how it goes ( run memtest86+ from dos , then prim95 in windows ?? ) think that's right so ill put here it if i burn down my comp or make it fly :)

Twiggz said:
prob gonna be limited by my memory only pc3200 comin in and i dont want to do anything other than 1:1 ratio

remenber with A64 the memory will not play big just good timing and let the cpu fly for the best performance
1:1 ratio is good but if memory can t do u will alwais be ok with pc 3200 and good timing
good luck

Back