• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Formac Gallery Xtreme 2010

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aNTiChRisT

Im definatley no expert on monitors, and i have a 19" Hansol CRT which is pretty nice - but compared to my friends 19" Philips his is much crisper.

So i'd like to upgrade because i use my PC so much, and checked some sites i use to buy hardware. This screen jumped out, because it was cheap and claimed to be used by industry professionals. I thought hey, it'd be sweet to have a TFT! I'd rather have first hand experience, but if you have any review links i'll check them out.

The Gallery Xtreme™ TFT display range, is a triumph in display technology production.

These truly digital High performance TFT displays, give the clearest and sharpest image with outstanding colour definition thanks to the 24-bit MVA Active Matrix technology used in each Xtreme™ display, its high performance TFT panel gives among other fantastic specifications, an rivaled contrast ratio of 700:1

Not only does this screen show fantastic images, the styled trademark case of the Gallery range, this time in clear and black steals another large chunk of wow factor.

* Interface - Formac Display Connector (DVI) / Cable: 1.5 metres (approx)
* Size - 20,1 inch diagonal (viewable) / Screen: W: 16.3" H: 12"
* Technology - 24-bit ColorProof VA active matrix (16.7 million colors)
* Resolutions - 1,600 by 1,200, 1,024 by 768, 800 by 600
* Dot pitch - 0.255 mm
* Viewing Angle - 170 degrees horizontal / 170 degrees vertical / 160 degrees conical
* Brightness - 300 cd/m2
* Contrast Ratio - 700:1
* Pixel Response - 15 ms grey-to-grey, 15 ms rise, 10 ms fall
* Scan Range - Horizontal: 50-57 Hz, Vertical: 60 Hz
* Screen Treatment - Anti-glare coat
* User Controls - 3 touch-sensitive buttons: Power, +/- Brightness
* Connectivity - Built-in two-port USB hub
* Electrical Requirements - Input voltage: 12.7 V DC +/- 3%
* Consumption - 3W (energy saver mode), 60W (max)
* Operating Condition - 50 to 95 degree Fahrenheit (10 to 35 degree Celsius) 20% to 80% (no condensation)
* Package contains - Gallery 2010 display (DVI), power supply, USB cable, User's Guide.
* System Requirements - Mac with MacOS 9.2.2, MacOSX 10.1.3 or higher, and video card with DVI connection - PowerBook with DVI interface - PC with Plug&Play video card with DVI interface *Note: Video card must support digital resolution of 1,600x1,200
* Weight - Approx. 16,8 pounds (7.7 Kg)
* Dimensions - 21.5" X 19" x 8.125" (W x H x D)
* Warranty - Three year UK Standard Service Warranty
* Approvals - CE, FCC, TCO 95

I can get it for £350, the closest i can see from a decent brand is a Samsung at £450. Worth the plung?

-Tom

Back