• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot DDR2 Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverfoot

"We can confirm that PDP currently offers the speediest DDR2 DIMMs by far. Not only did the 1 GB Patriot DIMMs work at DDR2-533 at sensationally fast CL3-2-2-4 timings, they also managed to do a decent job at maintaining that operating tempo even at high clock speeds.

Tom's on Patriot Memory

...is it me or is that really fast for DDR2-533? Can anyone confirm this? :shrug:

I have been reading for a long time that Patriot makes some wicked RAM, but something itching in my head has kept me rom buying some.

This is in reference to a Dual Core Pentium that I am drafting up (while I wait for AMD DDR2).

Silverfoot said:
Tom's on Patriot Memory

...is it me or is that really fast for DDR2-533? Can anyone confirm this? :shrug:

I have been reading for a long time that Patriot makes some wicked RAM, but something itching in my head has kept me rom buying some.

This is in reference to a Dual Core Pentium that I am drafting up (while I wait for AMD DDR2).
The problem is that there are too many fanatics in forums. When one buys a certain brand then start pressing on his/her's better, and sometimes unbearable and confusing. I find Tom's Hardware, Anandtech, and reputable reviewers least bias and matter most when trying to choose what's best for you.
I tend to take the chearleading with a grain of salt.

Not all Patriot DDR2 will do those timings. You need to get the Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-700 (see link) that is rated for 4-3-3-12 (DDR2 700), 4-3-3-10 (DDR2 667), 3-2-2-4 (DDR2 533). There are a few people here on the forum that have it. Basically, it uses the same Micron chips that my OCZ EB rev. 2 has on it (I've gotten DDR2-720 with 3-2-2-6 using 2.2v).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220054

Back