• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:S with X850XT, FPS are not great! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amoroso

Okay I play CS:S with everything on high and Im getting only 80 fps max! Plus its really choppy! I dont know whats going on...

Also when I go to play CS 1.6 I am speed hacking, and Im not even hacking!!! I shoot about 20 rounds in a second and I run faster than hell none stop!

Someone help me! Rig in my sig!

"I am speed hacking, and Im not even hacking!!!" :eh?: :shrug:

umm if your getting 80 fps and its choppy...um.. try reinstalling the game and drivers and make sure your computer isnt at 100%

I swear, Im not speed hacking, and Ive never hacked in my life, I go in and I walk 100mph and shoot about 20 rounds in a second... but this is only in CS 1.6

someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you mean switching cores? did you read it on here? I would be interested in what is causing it.

oh i know your problem. i didnt see you have a dual core. anyway after you load the game alt-tab out of the game, then go into task manager and under processes select whatever one is CS:S, right click on it and go into affinity and select cpu0 or cpu1. oh and make sure you have the amd dual core patch installed otherwise you wont beable to switch the affinity. im pretty sure the dual core patch is on amd's website

edit: here is the link to the update

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

and d/l the one that says "AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.2.2.2"

and then youll beable to select the affinity in the task manager

yea CS 1.6 works!

but it seemed like it didnt do much for CS:S though... I have VSYNC turned on and it caps at 60fps... with it off it fluxuates from 80-110 very fast same as before... it looks better with NSYNC on in my opinion... I reinstalled CS:S too... I dont know what to do anymore...

"oh i know your problem. i didnt see you have a dual core. anyway after you load the game alt-tab out of the game, then go into task manager and under processes select whatever one is CS:S, right click on it and go into affinity and select cpu0 or cpu1. oh and make sure you have the amd dual core patch installed otherwise you wont beable to switch the affinity. im pretty sure the dual core patch is on amd's website

edit: here is the link to the update

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors...1_13118,00.html

and d/l the one that says "AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.2.2.2"

and then youll beable to select the affinity in the task manager"

if 80fps isnt smooth for you, your the rare guy with cat-like reflexes whos eyes respond very, very fast that even this many fps looks choppy. I know one guy who needed 100+ fps to be smooth and he cant even enjoy new games :(

Back