• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not sure where to put this question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

l3arrett

Registered
well let me start out by saying my pc will play bf3 crysis 2 and 3 dead space 2 and 3 sims 3 burnout paradise and mirrors edge just fine. but in bf4 i have a problem i can load up play a round then when it ends and a new rounds loads a NEW MAP it will still play fine for 3 to 5 minutes. then something starts taxing the hard drive to 99% and using 80 - 90% of my ram and my FPS will drop to like 1 fps every 15 seconds. the only thing that will fix it is a reboot. exiting bf4 and origin does not help.

i used task manager and ram map to try and locate whats using up the resources but i could not find anything.

pc spects are
amd phenom ii x4 925 at 3.6
amd 6850
8 gigs of ram (2000 mhz) running at 1354 mhz

i dont believe it to be a virus because ive dont nothing since the fresh win 8.1 reformat to get a virus. just loaded up some games via origin and installed drivers and normal things like that.

i think it could be a problem with the bios because it will no longer stay in performance mode. in fact power saver balanced and performance mode is not selected and will not stay selected. the bios also will not allow me to create a back up says it failed when i try to save the current setup or something along those lines. so im scared to try to update the bios, i cant afford to brick it at this point. some land has been passed down to me and putting everything into it.

i believe it to be the bios causing my problem but thought id ask here to be sure.

That's what happens when you max out your VRAM...it starts writing to the hard drive, and you say goodbye to your framerate.

well let me start out by saying my pc will play bf3 crysis 2 and 3 dead space 2 and 3 sims 3 burnout paradise and mirrors edge just fine. but in bf4 i have a problem i can load up play a round then when it ends and a new rounds loads a NEW MAP it will still play fine for 3 to 5 minutes. then something starts taxing the hard drive to 99% and using 80 - 90% of my ram and my FPS will drop to like 1 fps every 15 seconds. the only thing that will fix it is a reboot. exiting bf4 and origin does not help.

i used task manager and ram map to try and locate whats using up the resources but i could not find anything.

pc spects are
amd phenom ii x4 925 at 3.6
amd 6850
8 gigs of ram (2000 mhz) running at 1354 mhz

i dont believe it to be a virus because ive dont nothing since the fresh win 8.1 reformat to get a virus. just loaded up some games via origin and installed drivers and normal things like that.

i think it could be a problem with the bios because it will no longer stay in performance mode. in fact power saver balanced and performance mode is not selected and will not stay selected. the bios also will not allow me to create a back up says it failed when i try to save the current setup or something along those lines. so im scared to try to update the bios, i cant afford to brick it at this point. some land has been passed down to me and putting everything into it.

i believe it to be the bios causing my problem but thought id ask here to be sure.

Not enough RAM in your rig. You are eating into your pagefile :eek:

Pagefile=file on disk=slower than RAM=bad FPS.

someone suggested i uninstall the game and reinstall it to a folder on my desktop. i dont know how but it seamed to fix the problem. i played about 7 games back to bak and the problem did not shot up. befor it would do it on the second game. i'll try again later but will try conquest maps this time and see how that goes.

someone suggested i uninstall the game and reinstall it to a folder on my desktop. i dont know how but it seamed to fix the problem. i played about 7 games back to bak and the problem did not shot up. befor it would do it on the second game. i'll try again later but will try conquest maps this time and see how that goes.

Weird, maybe the game doesn't like the default install paths?

i reboot and update most things then defragment. that may have messed it up but i really dont see how that could cause the problem i was having.

i did not get to play today, my friends made me install tera and play it...

Battlelog is down for updates at the moment so I can't link to their forums, but I remember reading about issues with Win 8.1 and memory leaks with BF4. Here's a reddit thread about it.

Back