• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to stop Disk Check in startup??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Hey all, having a little bit of a problem. Every time, right before I get into windows, windows does a error checking of my backup disk. It's real quick but I just want it stop!! Is there any way to disable it from running from inside windows??

Thanks in advance.

PEACE

EWBatOVAclockin said:
Hey all, having a little bit of a problem. Every time, right before I get into windows, windows does a error checking of my backup disk. It's real quick but I just want it stop!! Is there any way to disable it from running from inside windows??

Thanks in advance.

PEACE

Make sure that you shut down properly and that your RAM is stable.

Were there any power outages?

No, everything is running fine and stable. It's just the SATA cable that the drive was hooked up with was bad and it wasn't recognizing the drive, so I swapped out the cables and it runs fine. And everytime it runs theres no errors.

So it's just a pointless run and it's slowing down my boot time and we all we know we like fast boot times:)

PEACE

Hit the key combo Windows key + R and then type in chkntfs /*funky drive letter* Then hit ok, it will do its thing and hopefully stop the issue.

Basically type it in the run dialog.

Ok I didn't know there was a space in that command. Duh! And yes it is a NTFS drive. Hmmmm. Let me restart and see if that fixed the problem. Thanks again guys.

PEACE

Nope still didn't fix the problem:( Hmm....any other ideas...I'm pretty much out. Unless theres a way to figure out a way to stop it through msconfig.

PEACE

Edit: Do you think if I reformated the error would go away?

Last edited:
Try this, Click My computer, Select the drive that windows is scaning prior to windows load, click properties, find tab called tools, run error checking

weard....I fixed a comp before, the person didnt reformat the HD when he installed windows, so it was still in fat32. Everytime I would reastart it, it would come up and do a error check. It was pretty annoying. I dont really dont know anything else do to.

Mabie try to reformat the drive and reinstall windoze?

Back