• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beast of a 2600 sempron s754

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman22

well, i got a new rig setup and decided to do a little testing.
heres the cpu info:
SDA2600AI02BA
LBBIX 0534 FPBW

this is on stock cooling and its the max volts i can give it, and i dont really want to give it any more.

i think im at the point where my motherboard is the limiting factor.

what do you guys think? should i try a bios upgrade to see if i get any improvements, or has this board reached its max?

btw, this is the setup:

Sempron 2600
1gb DDR400
MSI Neo Plat.

i would post what i got on super pi, but its just pathetic because of the L2 cache

Attachments

• OC.JPG
    OC.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 198
no, i just set it at max volts and started uping the HTT. i does need more than 1.5v though.

i think im going to flash to a newer bios because this bios only ranges from 1.5v - 1.8v

I doubt that a new BIOS will have a broader range, and even if it will, unless you're watercooled, I wouldn't recommend pumping more than 1.65v into that chip. It is 90nm after all.

thats true, i keep forgeting its not my old clawhammer :p

and i just flashed the bios, so im gonna try overclocking again.

when i ran super pi at 2ghz to compare it with my 3200, it was only off by about 6 seconds, which is probably due to the crappy RAM.

i wont have time to overclock again until tomorrow :(

Back