• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have an idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panny

Registered
Well, I was searching for a new case on Xoxide.com, And was looking through their mod supplies. I stumped upon this:

logisys-tvkit-blu-2.jpg
logisys-tvkit-blu-3.jpg
Logisys Thermal Venting Kit

Only minutes afterward I thought, Why not buy two. One hooked up to a fan bringing in cold air from a second one attached to a case full of ice (Hey, Its going to be a cold winter, why not? :p )

diagram.gif

1. Will this work?

2. If it works, Will any type of water particles go through to the case? Thats what worries me the most.

it would probably work, as for the water particles, if you put the fan at the top of the box and the ice at the bottom i think you would be fine

that kinda setup will probably create condensation in the computer case and start causing issues. so its probably not the best idea..... and no matter where the fan is on the cooler, when the tubing goes from cold (cooler) to hot(computer) it'll create condensation and cause issues. i believe in extreme cooling some one did a water jug cooler, like the ones at offices and cooled his system with that... and it only cost i believe around 60$'s thats the cheapest "extreme" cooling setup ive seen besides sticking a heater core out the window....

Back