• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slave.exe is not a threat for me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svelay1983

After installing the new Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10.0 I have a threat come up and say that slave.exe (Remacc.RAserver) is a threat. I use this program for Tech Support. I have done everything I can think of to make this stop popping up. Even as far as contacting Symantec and TWD. (the makers of slave.exe) I have set Remacc.RAServer to exclusions, told it to log only, ect... Still I have this problem. Anyone have an idea how to make this stop coming up? I have clients who keep deleting the program.

I am not a fan of symantec, nor am I a fan of Norton. Both add about a jillion running processes as well as take up an enormous amount of system resource, and both make routine computer activity kind of difficult.

mayerfan76 said:
I am not a fan of symantec, nor am I a fan of Norton. Both add about a jillion running processes as well as take up an enormous amount of system resource, and both make routine computer activity kind of difficult.

He wanted to know how to exclude a file. Not your opinion on what AV is good.

Anyway, as #2 post said, you have to exclude the filename. Another thing you could try it to just rename it like he said because the reaso nI would assume it is doing that is because there is some virus in circulation that defaults to install as slave.exe

The POS^H^H^HAntivirus will look inside the file and see the signature of the "malware" there. Using UPX to pack it might help or it might not.

If background scanning is disabled it should definitely work tho.

Ok first thing is first I am a she. hehe. Anyway, I have excluded slave.exe along with it's log in file system auto-protect and scan options on both the server and the client machines. I have also tried telling it to log only after I tried excluding. Still I have the annoying pop up from Symantec still asking me to delete. Renaming is unfortuntly not an option. I just need to know if I am missing another setting in Symantec. Also, I don't like Symantec either, but then again it isn't my money.

It seems you've done all that I'd have thought to do, so I don't really know how to help you further, but let me be the first to say:

:welcome: to the forums!

well you can always go configuration of file system auto-protect, click the notification button, and uncheck the box for "display auto-protect results dialog on infected computer" ;)

Back