• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 lagging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warenb

Ok the problem is Doom 3 (1.3 patch) running very poorly (~20 fps standing still, slideshow when trying to kill stuff) even with Anialiasing and Anisotropic filtering set to 'application preference' in my ATI tray tools settings. I tried setting doom 3 to low, everything off, and at 640x480 and it doesnt help that much either. Desktop resolution is 1024x768 and refresh rate is 85hz. I checked my system stability and ram timings, cpu/ram volts, agp aperature size in bios, all checked out fine. I have basically a fresh install of windows xp and the game its self, drive is defragged good. Every other game runs fine and performance changes w/ changes to graphics settings in ati tray tools for those games. Doom3 doesnt care if its set to everything turned on at 1024x768, everything off at 640x480, overclocked or underclocked, same laggy performance :shrug: . My box has an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe w/ AMD Mobile Barton 2600+ (watercooled), two 512mb Patriot pc3200 sticks in DC @ 2.6v (2-3-3-6), Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 w/ 256mb gddr3, 200gb SATA hdd, Audigy 2 sound, 480w Thermaltake psu.
If anyone has a workaround or something to get this thing to run like it should w/ a x800, it would be appreciated :) .

What setting in D00M 3 do you have it at, Highest,High. etc?

I hope not highest, it will run choppy set at that, to run D00m 3 you need a card with 512 mem.

A 7800 or X1800 with 512 would work nicly.

My 6800 GT oc/d or not runs great on High setting.

DDR-PIII said:
spyware ? sounds like its not getting enough of the cpu power :/ just a thought.

I was thinking that also, but he said every other game runs fine, bit he did not give some examples of the other games, like if, Far Cry, UT2K4, Etc.

The other games he says run fine might not be using what D00M 3 does.

Back