• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need singleplayer game suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitebear4

im trying to step away from multiplayer games for a little while and try out singleplayer games. does anyone have any suggestions for very good single player games? id prefer fps games as well as rpgs.

SW KOTR, any of the Metal Gear Solid games, any of the Grand Theft Auto series, any of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games.

List of some of my "must plays" off the top of my head. Some are old, some are not:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (One of the most underrated games of all time, imo)
Far Cry
Half Life 1 & 2
System Shock 1 & 2 (oldies, but some of the best games ever made)
Deus Ex
Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines (lots of technical problems here though, tread lightly. Past that, it's an *excellent* game).
Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive (sequel is out soon, check out the demo)
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Grim Fandango (see System Shock comments)
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2

Freelancer.

No, seriously. Aside from the Microsoft logo on the box, it's from the same genius that brought us Wing Commander (the games, not the movie...the movie sucks). I've played it to the end, and it has continued play value if you like exploring. I do. I've been to every system on the starmap in the game and to a good number of the bases on the starmap and I still like to play it.

Umm, let's see.
Far Cry and HL2 are good shooters. C&C Generals is okay (at best) and I'm not really impressed with it since the game has not gone anywhere cool in the last three years or so.

Comment reserved on Quake 4 until I play it. :)

fabulouscoops said:
Scariest - DOOM3

i dunno with fear out on tuesday i think that it's going to steal that thrown because after just playing the SP demo i was rather intrigued and terrified at the same time, they play on your visual senses very well....

If you call material from the Demo a spoiler please refrain from reading the rest of this post.

i played up through the first demo room you enter where you see a child at a few points, i actually shot at it myself...... my friend was sitting there watching me cracking jokes, then i die so i figure i'll let him give er a whack....then when he started to go down the ladder and she was standing their while he mounted the ladder he got a bit of a rise, but it really got him when she was standing at the bottom once he climbed down...

AOE3 is coming out....looking forward to that one. (tht's RTS though...)
rpg's....dungeon siege 2...awesome game, loved it!

GTA:SA will keep you busy for a while and pretty much everything else mentioned would be great too.

Oh yeah, the Prince of Persia games are good too.

Back