• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idle temps on my 6600 gt...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which brand of 6600gt do you have? My gigabyte AGP idled at 50 and got up to 71 full load... but that was OCed. How good is your case ventilation/air flow? Tidy up wires and add some intake/exhaust fans... that'd help a lot.

I put the Zalman VF700-Cu on mine and that helped a ton... it doesn't get above 58C, even in 'quiet' mode.

I have 6 case fans. My pc its self is pretty damn cool at about 27-33C. I have the xfx card I posted a link in the first post. I dont want to have to spend the money on a heatsink. But it looks like I have no chose.

Are you using the fan and heat sink that came alone with the 6600gt. I have one too and cuz mine is watercooled its load is around 44C. I was reading reviews and others said that the fan wasnt good at all.

My old MSI 6600gt (with an aluminum HS that was painted to look copper) ran about 50c idle and 70-80c on load...but that was before it got watercooled ;)

Back