• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgthing

Disabled
I just got my SLI brigde and connected my 2 Gigabyte 6600GT's today. I enabled SLI in my properties and selected SLI on Multi-GPU mode.
I ran 3D Mark 05 and it encountered an error and did not complete...It ran all the way to the end and when coming back to Windows gave me the error.
I have not overclocked the cards and I'm using 8.1.8.5 drivers.
Please help.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling 3DMark. I found that, at least for me, that when I get some errors with 3DMark reinstalling it usually corrects it unless I'm already testing at a speed that is unstable.

What error were you given when 3DMark finished? In my system, when the test is done, it sometimes take a while before the results pop up. Sometimes I think it has locked up when in fact it hasn't.

man, i tried every driver..

Well let me tell you guys this...i added that fortron PSU to replace my generic 350W PSU. I finally got it to pass 3d mark 05 at STOCK settings across the board. As soon as I overclock my CPU/RAM I get the BSOD again. Even when I go back to stock settings it gives me BSOD.

RAM is not the issue. I've been overclocked for 3 weeks stable as a rock, memtest, spi 32, prime95 16 hours. The only things I've changed in my system is the generic 350W PSU to fortron bluestorm 500W PSU and added SLI bridge.
W/o SLI bridge it still gives me BSOD when before it ran perfectly. I ran it over and over and over overclocked, not overclocked...worked everytime. So, I guess I have to replace the PSU with the old generic one and try again as that's all that's left.

If anyone here knows what the heck is going on, please help, i thought you guys were experts?

Back