• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't want a "bling" psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandrock

:mad: All of these powersupplies online recently are funky disco colors or LED fans. I'm looking for a decent 500W powersupply under $100 that will be enough to power a decently overclocked AMD X2 3800+, 2GB RAM, 2-3 HDD, ATI X1800XL system. Most of the ones I can find are "bling" psus with LED lighted fans, etc. My case has a big windows on it, and its in my bedroom, I only turn on my cold cathodes at lan parties, I can't sleep with those lights on. What's a guy to do? :cry:

For my current build (Athlon XP mobile, 9800Pro, 1GB RAM, 2HDD) I got away perfectly fine w/ a $36 350W Fortron unit, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get a decent unit around 500W for $100 or less.

Would I want a supply with dual 12v rails if I am not going the SLI/Crossfire route? I was under the impression I'd be better off going with a single high amperage 12v rail?

Get the FSP550-60PLG that OKWolf reccommended. I think its the single-rail one.

either way, its a great PSU.

Back