• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Received my Newark 3700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc_byagi

Hello folks,

I've been away from this forum for awhile and just came back since I'm planning to build a new system. From the information I've read through out different forums, I've decided to go with Socket 754, and Newark was the way to go (for a couple of reasons). I just wanted to get the clarification from all you experts in this area that I got the right chip first and foremost. My CPU code reads as follows:

AMN3700BKX5BU
CABSE0515UPMW

I believe the chips ending with BU were the Newark? Please clear me up on this.

Hey byagi, let us know what happens w/ that chip, I'm curious about these newarks.

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, I'll definitely post up results, but since I love barebones more than desktops now, I will be putting this into Shuttle SN85G4 V3. Also, I'm still trying to decide whether to buy the Shuttle now or delay until the semester's over.

your sure you want to buy a new 754 chip, and a new 754 mobo? you can get a venice or san diego on a s939... <<---good idea

of course, you alread an agp x800, but you could trade that for a pci-x vga.

i have s754, i'm glad i bought it, but if i were upgrading now, i definately wouldn't get it. (for above reasons) btw, dfi nf3 250gb is BEST mobo EVER... that's right, EVER!!!... i just need to find it's pci express x16 slot, ,and i'm good to go! (j/k)

if you do go s754, get the 250gb. i'll buy you another board if you don't like it.

He's looking for shuttle (you can see in his sig), so I doubt he'll buy the DFI 250gb.

I have socket 754 also. However, I have the 3700+ clawhammer. The setup is working great for everything I do now.

If I was purchasing now, I'd go the 939 route with SLI availabilities...

Good luck though!

Well, I truly understand what all of you folks are recommending me and I really appreciate that. But what I'm really looking for is very matured and stable system setup that will give me high performance and overclockability while the price is somewhat reasonable. The reasons for my setup are as of follows (nothing is intended to be an offense):

1. I don't like the idea of using two graphic cards (SLI & CF) simply because I think it is a big ripoff to spend my money on two graphic cards when it is already getting outrageously expensive.
2. I really don't see the point in going nForce 4 as I won't use SLI and SATA2. Even though I would be interested in SATA2, I'm not sure if I will buy another drive at this time. It just seems to limit my upgradability with all of these new features rather than allowing me to have more options.
3. Shuttle barebones for Socket 939 seems to have a lot of problems. While I did own Newcastle 3500+, (later tried Winchester) with Shuttle nForce 3 system, it had too many problems and I got rid of it.
4. As much as I love overclocking, I value silence as well. Meaning I don't overclock to kill, but I just enjoy the process and the activity of overclocking. I like to buy stuff like XP-M that can overclock at very low voltage and stay cool. I hope I can do the same with this setup I'm currently planning.
5. I honestly don't see the point in these new platform/features e.g., PCI-E, Socket 939, etc. I hardly believe PCI-E will run the games any faster than AGP now and in future. As I was looking at the thread over at the ATI section just today, I saw a lot of people talking about how AGP X1800XT will not be as fast as PCI-E version even if they made one, but I don't think so; I think AGP still has the top performance level and if you take a lot of benchmarks, PCI-E doesn't look any better than AGP (X850XT PE AGP is just as fast as X1800XL PCI-E). So is Socket 939, I feel that the extra 200MHz HTT bus is unnecessary and Dual-Channel makes almost no difference. I hate to upgrade parts by parts, so I probably don't even need so called "upgradability".

In the end, if I can setup the system I'm planning of, I have a confidence that it will perform as one of the high end system while maintaining the cost low. I would think it will be very hard to match the performance of my future setup without using two video cards, which they have dumped their wallet for.

Last edited:
Hello Dear Friends
I want have complete configruation on AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4GHz 1MB HT Socket 754. For example
Motherboard
Hotsink CPU fan
Memory
Please guide me

Thanks
Harpreet
:rolleyes:

Your own thread would help ;). I've used mobiles with the DFI 250gb and the Tforce6100, used the Big Typhoon and the CNPS7000 on them. Don't think the memory matters.

marwah said:
Hello Dear Friends
I want have complete configruation on AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4GHz 1MB HT Socket 754. For example
Motherboard
Hotsink CPU fan
Memory
Please guide me

Thanks
Harpreet
:rolleyes:

Post your own thread man =P

I'm really thinking about going newark or venice, I plan on doing A CPU and Board upgrade when K8L hits, I've seen some newarks hit 3+ on air, the only thing that frightens me is that I'm not sure if my 8NPA can do Mobiles, but I think that 754 SLi combined with a pontential 3+ ghz chip should do for some longetivity.

Back