• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't boot into windows DFI NF4 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gilgamesh

I just put together my DFI NF4 Ultra
And i'm getting tired as i can't boot into windows, I have installed windows twice and the instalation goes fine but then, i go to boot up and get faced with the windows "failed to load properlly on last start up" screen no matter what option i use including safe mode the system just goes to start booting and then restarts. It goes on and on and on...
Is anything i've overlooked because the instalation of windows went fine but it just won't let me boot into windows.

you might wanna try changing the boot priority of your hard drives. for example when i had x64 windows on my sata 2 drive i still had to have my IDE drive as the first boot device because all the boot information was stored on that drive for both installations

:shrug: this doesnt seem like a motherboard issue, maybe this thread should be moved somewhere else

assume raid has your os on it ??
is 1x60 GB 7200 rpm a ide drive & was it plugged in when u installed xp.

Supershanks said:
assume raid has your os on it ??
is 1x60 GB 7200 rpm a ide drive & was it plugged in when u installed xp.
no there is no raid yet, i haven't updated my signature in 3 yrs,
Currently i have
AMD 3200
DFI NF4 Ultra
1Gb Ram
7800GTX
Raptor 74Gb
And i'm getting tired of the DFI crap. It might be a software problem as i was able to boot with my old os install into windows, but with dfi its been nothing but problems since the first day. Hope is worth it once i get my kit of crucial ballistix and the prommie. But as right now i still have a brick sitting.

what brand of memory are you using and what slots, orange or yellow, what voltage as these have alot of influince on stability, when using corsair 3200xl in the orange slots on mine with 2.6 volts I was getting bsod loading windows, but works fine with 2.8

Lol!! makes me wonder @times how we even have pc's at all, MSI are Crap, Dfi are Crap... etc., you'd think after all this time the mobo manufacturers would have got their act together & replaced the weakest component - the one between the chair & keyboard. :shrug:

realise Gilgamesh that your probably pretty frustrated but it's most likely a memory stability issue as toddm27 suggested - have u run memtest ???

or a Hd issue

luck :)

i have some PQI turbo kit i purchased 16 month ago for my socket 478 system. I'd hang onto those until i find the right ram, these are in slots 1,3 but nothing seems bad to me. Its been long since the last time i've owned a AMD system and things are not what it used to be. All booting is fine and i have none of the led's lit up when booting
Hope i can put together this baby and start to rock and roll again :)

Gilgamesh,
I hear u re booting etc., but installing XP is considered by many as the pc's 1st stress test :) :rolleyes:

so when having issues like u describe it's worth booting into memtest 4 a few passes (about 3 say) this at least eliminates that from the t/shooting list. your bios should have memtest towards the bottom of the genie menu.

luck.

make sure you have 2.8v to your ram and see if that helps and also run memtest a couple times. It's not that the boards are that bad but just picky as they run great once you learn all the tricks of the bios with your hardware.

also check to see you have the latest official bios 623-3 as that sometimes can be a problem if it has 310 as my board shipped with.

Back