• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just bought battlefront 2 and cod2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

havent opened them yet .. never played the first battlefront 2 but im a big sw fan and decided to buy it .. havent opened it yet after reading some reviews from people who played battlefront 1 and said that the sequel is horrible .. so now it has me wanting to return it ? what do you guys think of it ?

also how about cod2 ? is the online multi coop ? or dm or wutever ?

after buying q4 .. im seriously rethinking my game purchases .. since q4 really sucks .. im was super disappointed ..

why not just play the games and answer your questions with first hand experience.

I dont know about you guys, but when i buy a game, i rush home to install it.

Jawsome said:
I usually read the reviews before I buy the games

That is important since some new games may have many glitches. Why not just play it since you already bought it. The first one was great.

I think he means that since he has not opened the game yet he can return it, and wishes to know if he should do so. I myself have played neither of the games so i can't help you in that respect.

COD2 is much like COD1, has 1 or 2 new gameplay modes. It looks really good in motion, pics dont do justice for it. So if you liked cod1 play cod2.

I got bored of Battlefield 2 public servers really fast, there are tons of teamkillers and vehicle hogs. At least Call of Duty 2 has quality singleplayer to fall back on, I would return BF2 if it's still an option.

Battlefront 2 is horrible. And I'd rather play cod1 then cod2 but there will probably be mods for cod2 that make it like the first one with a healthbar and such pretty soon. But even then it's to similar to the first one in my opinion.

I think CoD2 is great, I loved CoD and CoD:UO so this was excellent for me. The graphics are nice, im upgrading from AGP 9500 Pro - 478 2.8E to PCI-e 7800GT - 146 Opteron so I hope I can crank up the settings and see what is in store.

For Battlefront I can not say much as I have never played it.

He may not want to open the game and install it because it loses value, and some stores only give you store credit if you return an opened game. For all they know you just made an iso, copied the cd key, and are going to play it when you get home. You just never know.

CoD2 was awsome imo. Classic feel of CoD1 with much better eye candy and sound!

Quake 4 was great too. I don't see why people ***** about it. The MP sucks, but the single player is what Doom3 SHOULD have been(more balanced gameplay and a better plot to some extent). Fighting along marines, although usually shortlived, is very fun. And some of the updated effects like smoke from explosions look really great. The weapons are also a lot more fun to use than in Doom 3.

Battlefront 2 IS HORRIBLE. I regret buying it. I thought the first one was ok, but nothing spectacular. BF2 didn't fix any old problems, and created new ones with VERY unbalanced gameplay when Jedi heroes are in play(I can literally dominate the enemy team for the entire round as soon as I get a jedi character). The graphics are pretty bad. I would of at least expected KotOR or Jedi Academy level graphics. These are sub-Jedi Knight II graphics. It's a shame because some aspects in the game show hints of good graphical detail, but its so incredibly minor(like the bumpmapping when you get close up on a health droid). So far the only real fun in this game I had was a heroes only server. That was genuinely entertaining. However all the regular game modes suck.

fuzzba11 said:
I got bored of Battlefield 2 public servers really fast, there are tons of teamkillers and vehicle hogs. At least Call of Duty 2 has quality singleplayer to fall back on, I would return BF2 if it's still an option.
he is talking about Battlefront 2.

All I can say is that in my opinion battlefront 1 sucked, only bought because a friend said it was good, but it's controls were kind of awkward and it just didn't fell right, I don't how to explain it I just never played since i bought it.

Back