• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cables keep falling behind my desk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vard0

A bit of a wierd question but does anybody know of a practical way to keep USB / power / network cables from falling down behind my desk?

I guess I'm looking for some sort of device that I can clip them into when they're not in use.

Thanks

Here is what I use for unruley cables.

Sticky velcro. Then some velcro ties to stick it to. Works great for my needs. Might be an option to look into for your needs. Easy and very fast to implement.

pict07592dk.jpg

Climbing clips!

Well, things that look like them, but aren't strong enough for climbing (they're cheaper ;)) and those screw in closed hook loop thingys to hold the clips to my desk.

Thanks for the replies guys. Got a store down the road with those velcro thingies so I'll try that out.

Good idea.

Gnufsh said:
Duct tape! It fixes everything.
Duct tape is JUST NASTY! Please don't recommend that! That stuff gets so gooey!

I like the velcro idea. I want some! Where you get it, wolf?

Duct tape will leave a bit of resedue that is not disirable for this application, masking tape is much better.

But the velcro is better than the masking tape in this case. :beer:

I use the expensive clear boxtape. I use that for my mouse wiring, and tape it down in a loop-like figure. Works perfectly.

I just realized I have an OCZ PSU that probably has this stuff already. Gonna go dig up the retail box now.

Back