• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the Difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnY_pEr

Whats the main difference between the Aspire X Navigator and the X Plorer?

Is it worth the extra 20 bucks?

cornbread said:
One has a psu the other doesn't. That could be part of it.

And the PSU's are usually crap.... so i wont pay the extra for the no name PSU's that come with the towers...

Thats why the Powerstream is on the list...

SnY_pEr said:
WOW thats really something...

The only real advantage i can see is that the X Nav. has 5 80 mm fans... and im going to get 2 more 80mm fans for the X Plorer... and thatll bring the total up to 4? not too much of a difference and totally not worth the extra 100$... in my opinion..
Also, it's a little roomier and has 3 more internal 3.5'' drive bays. But I don't think almost $100 does that justice. Then again, I haven't used either case.

By the way, I'm not sure of what you plan on doing with your case, but if you looking for just a good solid case I would highly suggest this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

I just bought it and am using it now, well actually completing my setup, but this is a great case.

Pros

Well built
Sturdy
No screws needed to hold cd-rom, hdd drives.

Cons

Probably not big enough for water cooling
only 2 fans, one 120mm (back) and one 80 (front)
Power button is a little flimsy, but works fine.

I'm using this case for a non-overclocked system, so it will work fine for me, plus I have a micro atx board installed for the room.

LordDarik said:
There's also a non-windowed version of that Coolermaster that comes with a side vent that can be replaced with an 80mm fan.

Yep LordDarik is correct, its actually cheaper too, I almost bought it, but decided on the windowed version.

Like I said though, if you plan to OC or water cool it may not be the case for you. I plan to run at stock temps...go figure, im on a oc'ing site. Also of note I installed a Zalman heatsink and there is still a lot of room.

umm i think ill stick with the Aspire case cause you can have at least 4 fans in the case!...

thats still looks like a very very nice case... i love LEDS and lighting up a case is very stylish and makes it unique...

Does anyone have pics of there Aspire Xplorer? and what youve fitted into it...

And no im not setting up a W/C system... i think im going to stick with fans for the moment..

SnY_pEr said:
umm i think ill stick with the Aspire case cause you can have at least 4 fans in the case!...

thats still looks like a very very nice case... i love LEDS and lighting up a case is very stylish and makes it unique...

Does anyone have pics of there Aspire Xplorer? and what youve fitted into it...

And no im not setting up a W/C system... i think im going to stick with fans for the moment..
Remember that amount of fans aren't everything though, a case with less fans but superior airflow and features can also make a good box.

Yes... airflow is important and thats why ill be having alot of wire care and make sure the air is flowing through there good...

Hopefully itll turn out like i imagine...

Thats another one of the considerations... i just dont like the front of it... the gauges are kinda funky but i dont like th fact about the 2 fans...

Yeah I put the two led fans in the front (HDD intake), added a 120mm to the back, put a fan on the side air duct and bought a quiet 80mm for the top blowhole. The two stock fans aren't silent but they're pretty quiet when mounted on the front of the case.

Although my friend has the x-navigator and loves it.

Back