• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I..?..or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomatosaurus[RE

After the turion experience I somehow cant get rid of the idea that I need/want an upgrade. Thinking of getting an 146 + Asrock sata2 to replace my socket 754 cpu/mobo.

But is this worth doing, what do you say?

yep, do it man. im upgrading to an athlon 3200+ hopefully will be o/cing it to about 2.8GHz, and an ASUS A8N5X....but i have a socket A....lol.....but i say do it. its a good cheap upgrade, with awesome parts.

Tomatosaurus[RE said:
After the turion experience I somehow cant get rid of the idea that I need/want an upgrade. Thinking of getting an 146 + Asrock sata2 to replace my socket 754 cpu/mobo.

But is this worth doing, what do you say?

The 146 is definitely worth doing! I would highly reccommend it. As for the ASrock, Ive heard its actually a really good board, and is a pretty good overclocker to, you cant really go wrong with it. Youve got your choice of AGP or PCI-Express. As long as you dont decide to go SLI, that board will be fine IMHO.

Go for it. If you ever decide to go with SLI, your motherboard was only around 70 bux, so you wont loose much getting a new board.

Good luck however you choose! :thup:

Hmm, well I am very tempted :)

But somewhere in the back of my head it tells me that an upgrade from 3400+ s.754 to 146 s.939 wont make that big of a difference....Wouldnt mind a few extra frames in Q4 tho...hmm hmmmmm

Back