• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats best mobo for s939 cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D for overclocking. If not overclocking and just want a ton of features, check out the new Asus A8N32-SLI

Mdogs444 said:
Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D for overclocking. If not overclocking and just want a ton of features, check out the new Asus A8N32-SLI

ty that was fast anyone else have a opinion

p.s. sorry forgot to mention im getting into oc lol

hiya i wod like to know,,a friend of mine is bulding a system and he was thinking of going singel vga what wod be the best mobo for lets say Ati X1800 and he want to overclock as hes going for VapoChill LS thank's...

Well, I think there can be more than one kind of best board. There is no question that when you have all of your ducks in a row that the DFI is the very best overclocking board. The problem lies in trying to get everything on the board just so in order to achieve these results. It requires much time, patience and experimentation. Using on-line resources is a must as the board comes with poor documentation. I particularly like the little touches such as extra heatsinks, a bios chip remover and memtest86 built into the bios.

The Epox 9NPA+ Ultra (It comes in SLI versions as well) does not have all of the bios adjustments as the DFI, but it has everything needed for overclocking. The Vdimm can be adjusted from 2.5 to 3.2 volts. The Vcore will adjust to 3.5 volts over the CPU default. The chipset voltage can be adjusted and there are a many ram timings selections. The board is a first rate overclocker and it is not nearly as finicky as the DFI. Will it clock as high? No, but it will do quite well. It also, comes with good documentation and Epox support is also very good.

It comes down to not which is better, but which is better for you.

Qatar said:
hiya i wod like to know,,a friend of mine is bulding a system and he was thinking of going singel vga what wod be the best mobo for lets say Ati X1800 and he want to overclock as hes going for VapoChill LS thank's...

There's that new DFI Crossfire that's supposed to OC really well, but then it supports two vga cards in Crossfire.

For OCing, definitely decide between the DFi or the Epox boards, DFi being the better OCing, but at a cost of a few headaches. The new DFi "Expert" Edition is supposed to have less problems and clock even better then previous boards, but it's at a cost of $200+.

Qatar said:

no affense but couldent you have made your own thread for that ohh well

p.s. ty for all the help guys i have lots of time on my hands and i think ill go with the lanparty

I can say that the Asrock 939 Dual may have the best memory bandwidth VS any nForce 4.

According to Sandra.

Wait till I get my hands on some DDR PC4000. Then the gloves come off. :)

So far im very happy with how my DFI is doing, except, it's picky with RAM.
probably because of the crazy number of options you can configure in the BIOS for the RAM, but also because i have 2 different brands of RAM going (same exact specs, but different IC's...)

hi end ocz ram do good
i think im getting a gig of dual channel el revision 2 ram from ocz anyone have any clue how that will overclock?

Back