• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My horror story. This sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

This is probably one of the simplest things to do but some how i got owned.

I was moving my computer from one room to another. Sounds simple right? So i had to remove all the wires from it (power cable, monitor wire, etc.)

Well that all went smooth UNTIL we got to the ethernet cable. I simply pushed the little thing on the side of it and pulled. It was a little tight so i tried again and it came right out.

Bada bing bada boom my computers all set up in the other room. I turn it on and NO INTERNET

My F'ING ethernet plug doesn't work. It must of broke when i was pulling the damn thing out. thats BS

LUCKILY i had 2 ethernet ports so thank GOD i put A NEW CABLE into that one and it worked.

The cable i put in the other one was in that same port for about a year. (Is that too long to leave something in without getting stuck.??)

But im scared because what if i need to move my computer again and this port breaks?

Pretend i didn't have another port. What would i of done? Bought a new mobo?

yes i have about 100 nics at my house, they arent expensive. don't worry about it!

The ethernet cards work the same way as the ethernet ports on my computer work right?

Just put the card in my pci slot and install drivers for it if it needs it. then just plug your cable into it and your done?

if so then im not so worried about only having this built in port then.

Zatrix said:
The ethernet cards work the same way as the ethernet ports on my computer work right?

Just put the card in my pci slot and install drivers for it if it needs it. then just plug your cable into it and your done?

if so then im not so worried about only having this built in port then.

yessir, no biggie

Yeah, NIC. Easy cheap fix, shouldnt be more than 15-20 dollars. like crimedog said. A lot of worse things have happened. You know its bad when you can smell your hardware.

That's a horror story?

Man, that's nothing. Try blowing up a monitor in your living room or burning up a brand new $1,000 CPU.

I've never had a $1,000 CPU, but I've make blu electrical arcs come from my hard drive, etc. etc.

lol you call that a horror story? damn i remember when i got ****ed off and threw a laptop across the room boom broke

That's no horror story. You wanna hear a horror story? A few weeks ago I apparantly screwed up putting in a fan and broke my CPU, mobo, and PSU. Take that...

wow, i need this kind of horror, to relieve me of my "bad days" of forgetting to tighten the clamps on my watercooling... nothing like washing out the inside of a case with distilled water... everything gets soo clean.

Back