• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d-Analyze and Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Ok, so iv downloaded 3d Analyze in the hope of it letting me play some of my older games on my gtx without graphics glitches etc (main culprit being C&C Generals Zero Hour, that seems to randomly go green on some maps due to not liking any cards newer than the 6xxx nvidia series) - iv run 3danalyze, seleceted the zero hour exe and changed the device id to a 5900ultra....it now works flawlessly.... but my question is are the device id changes ONLY made to that one game whilst running 3danalyze? ie it wont stuff up my gtx drivers or my real device id? itd be a PITA if i suddenly find windows thinks my gtx is a 5900 :D

Does anyone have any experience of this program and games? Im assuming as its software emulation of older cards the changes arent permanent?

Cheers!

Back