• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Gateway called Dave?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

I happened to look at my cable modem and noticed there was activity when nobody was on the PC. I opened up network connections and found an Internet Gateway connection open and active. It's called Dave. What is this? It won't let me delete it, I can only disable it. Is it a Hacker?

I'm using Windows XP. I'm also using Zone Alarm. The only info I can gather from it is that while that connection is active It's using "Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services". If I disable it thru Zone Alarm I cannot access the internet and need to restart. But if I disable it thru Gateway connection thru Internet connections folder, it will disable it and still allow internet access.

Any Idea's or am I just being paranoid?

Could possibly be your gateway. While on Verizon DSL, they had some pretty weird names for theirs. One was BettyBoop and another OogaBooga, haha.

I don't know, Cause it's gone now, And I did'nt delete. It was there yet last night. Unless your gateway appears and dissapears?

Back