• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to school want to Watch Tv on PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

Im heading up to school in January. I am going in a car and dont wnat to bring a TV. So I actually just like to bring My PC.

Id like to watch TV on My computer, I am told by the school that we just have coaxial coming out of the wall and you connect to the TV. In this case it will be my PC.

I download most of my TV shows off Usenet but there are certain shows which I like to watch re-runs off.

so Im looking for the best way to do this, I have PCI slots open and am probrolly going to be getting a new PC with a geforce 6800GS

well I know I need a Tv tuner card, I wnat to know what a good brand a model is and somthing that will give me good quality picture. some Tv Tuners are just horrible.

On this same note, are there coax cable extensions you can get? My cable in to my room has a male end, so I'd need a female/male coax cable... do they exist? I'm looking into the same thing, but my pc doesn't sit next to the cable line.

Second thought, I might get one of those 1 to 2 adapters, so I can keep the tv hooked up to it too, they make those with a female on one end right?

EDIT

Actually those 1 to 2 adapters HAVE to be all female right, so any coax would work?! hmm so the plot thickens...

Back