• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smart TV unable to read USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

I have a newer smart TV Veon 55" with a built in chrome cast. Android 11.

Trying to get it to read my 64gb Kingston USB but no dice.

Have tried giving required apps read/write permissions, format USB ex fat, fat32 and ntfs.

Not sure what else I can try to get this to work. Reads and writes fine on PC.

Nothing shows in the storage setting to acknowledge a device is even plugged in (tried other USB port).

Have tried fx file explorer which acknowledges storage is connected and says something about the drive not being formatted correct.

Think these are known as Skyworth in the states.

Cheers,

Bandit.

might be a file system issue, my tv will only read fat32 and if I remember correctly from years ago I think fat32 has a 32gb limit, I very likely could be wrong on that!!!!

and says something about the drive not being formatted correct
I'm mean, this told you what's up...

What is it currently formatted as? Check the manual and see what your TV accepts.

Like was said above, it could need fat32 instead of ntfs or w/e. But w/e it currently is, isn't working so reformat to the other.

Well its a 64gb drive so windows has no fat32 option. I formatted it with mini partition wizard but doing the same thing, manual says fat32.

..formatted it to what?

... dig up a 32GB or less drive and format it to fat32.
to fat32.

Solved it had to change USB config settings in developer mode then restart the TV (was doing this without a restart). The TV's manual mentions none of this.

to fat32.

Solved it had to change USB config settings in developer mode then restart the TV (was doing this without a restart). The TV's manual mentions none of this.
What did you change it to?

Chinese knockoff monitors... oof.

Back