• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yukon ethernet problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

When I'm running SUSE and I return to WinXP, my Yukon network always shows that it is unplugged even though it worked before going into SUSE and while in SUSE. I mesh around around and get it work after awhile but don't seem to have a consistent way to do so. I've used ipconfig but that fails because it think the port is unplugged. Any suggestions?

What is yukon?

Sounds more like a windows problem than a linux problem.

Gigabit ethernet that is on several boards these days. May well be Windows problem but then knowing how these things go both camps will point at the other. Though someone here might have a suggestion.

Well, the problem is occurring in windows and not linux, and the os doesn't make persistent changes to the network card, so I really doubt it's linux that is the problem.

Thanks I'll see what I can find via the Win OS forum. This is one of the reasons I'm headed to Linux long term.

For the integrated Yukon chipset (if it is the same chipset that is on my Asus board) you have to upgrade your windows driver. The catch is, that you have to download it from the internet and yeah, unless you have a spare network card or the driver, then it is rather hard to get.

I have it saved, but I forgot where I got it. I found it by doing a search in google, then downloading the driver while in linux, and changing over to windows to install it for windows.

The Marvell Yukon chipset works wonderful in Linux using the skge module though (or build it into the kernel, it is in there).

Thanks gruven! :santa:

My board has 2 ethernets as part of it so I can still connect to internet. I'll upgrade.

Back