• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget Nvidia PCI-E card, 6200 or 6600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VinnyTAMU

Well as the title suggests I am looking at purchasing either a used 6600 or a new 6200 card. This card will be going into my spare system, Intel 630 and will see minimal games, i am really just looking for something to overclock. Right now i am leaning towards the 6600, but am confused as to which variant will overclock further. I have seen 128MB and 256MB versions, as well as DDR, GDDR2, and GDDR3 variants. My budget is under $80 which means used for the 6600 and new for the 6200. Help point me in the right direction guys!

too bad you're looking for nvidia.

would you be interested in a asus ax700pro? pm me.

I just thought those 2 cards would be my best bet for a cheap, good OC'ing PCI-E card. I will consider other options. PM me with what you got and pictures, I will take a look at it.

I'd go oc'ed used 6200 for real budget. As stated, you can get 6600 performance, and save yourself a few ducats.

brickout said:
I'd go oc'ed used 6200 for real budget. As stated, you can get 6600 performance, and save yourself a few ducats.

Well looking into a little closer it shows that most of the pci-e 6200's have Turbo Cache. From what i have read TC basically sucks! However those reviews were for the smaller MB cards (64Mb) how do the larger (128mb) pci-e 6200TC cards overclock?

bapski said:

Thanks for the offers for the used cards, but this really should be conducted in the classifieds section, so if you are interested in selling your card please post it there and let me know. I will be watching the classifieds.

Back