• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST fps in your opioion--and why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XZit

So what do you guys think is the best fps out there right now??
State why in terms of--playability, REplayability, addictivness, graphics, gameplay, and realness, and any other term you can think of.

pz

**** tribes 1 rocked! And still rocks--even the demo rocks.

I remember playing it freshmen year of highschool-yearsssss ago. It was a computer class --sorta like a intro into typing and ****.
Anyhow so whenever we got bored we would download the tribes 1 demo and all play it over lan on the schools computer. lol
I liked how much crazy defense you could build with turrets and stuff. Tribes 2 is pretty good to imo.

What do you guys think about the latest fps?
i.e. day of defeat source
Quake 4
Unreal tournament 2004
F.E.A.R.

e.t.c?

pz

all really old FPS games like blake stone, wolfenstein3d, doom1/2, alien cabal I could play over and over and over - so them tbh - modern ones I play once, start losing interest towards the end, only complete it because I just paid £30 for it and never look at it again.

single player - Doom 3 because I got so Immersed while playing it. There were several times I was really creeped out / jumped out of my chair. To me it was like a horor film that you participated in.

multi player - UT2k4. It plays fast & fun and there are endless possibilities to keep it fresh.

Single Player: Half life 2, I loved the bright outside levels, the AI, the atmosphere, the physics, the pace, and I thought it had a great story, not quite as good as original Half-life but better than almost any other gamne I have played. the outside levels and atmosphere have to be the thing that sets HL2 above HL for me but HL is way up near the top of my best games list

Multiplayer: BF1942 Desert Combat, I have never had as much fun at a lan as back when we used to play DC, I loved the helicopters and the cruise missles and how the artillery worked and how I had a friend who whenever he was on the other we name himself the "anti-spectre missle" and just get into planes and crash into me to prevent me from doing massive damge with the helicopter, I also loved how big and open the levels were, there was lots and lots of space to mess around before you went out of the map boundaries

MultiPlayer HLDM, I still have a HLDM server.
Classic game MP is simply perfection, the lame opengl engine allows for such speed and agility some of the **** you can pull of is still the driving force of the game for me.

Single player FEAR and FAR CRY, quake 4 was great also. All 3 had incredible graphics and were hella fun.

Multi: CS - I cant stop playing, even when something bad happens I close the game, I end up opening it again in five minutes.

Single: CoD 1 & 2 - Same as CS but in single player.

Single Player-Half life 2
MP-Forgotten Hope mod for bf42. my reason for mp choice: what the forgotten hope team did with the bf42 engine is absolutely insane. it is virtually nothing like the original battlefield and i believe it is one of the best mods ever created.

I can't say I have a favorite, but I still think BF1942 was a landmark in Multiplayer FPS. I played the hell out of that game and I kind of wish they would re make it with updated graphics, I love WWII themed games.

I agree tweeker, Bf1942 with the graphics of bf2 or better would own. It would own DoD source. If you could fly the old warplanes and dogfight etc....I would love it.

I prefer a good steady 40 FPS over a shifting 60.

I mean, considering you only notice lag when theres a change in information being sent to our eye.

Favorite Console FPS of all time: Goldeneye/Perfect Dark N64
Favorite PC shooter of alltime: Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat

Currently playing Call of Duty 2 but its nothing special

SP: HL2 for sure, the physics and interaction with the environment were sooo awesome, not to mention the GFX and story weren't shabby either. It is the only game i played the entire way through twice, except maybe Blood.

MP: I used to play CS alot back in the day, but i find it boring now, even CSS can't keep my interest. I rarly play games online anymore, too many cheaters, accusers, and idiots with headsets that never--shut--up.

Single- COD1,2

Multiplayer-The battlefield series is really fun and i have them all and you can really tell the difference...

Back