• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 Onboard Audio Problems ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Ive been having so many issues w/ the audio on this board. It will not give me sound, w/e I do. Ive reinstalled the latest drivers, disabled it / enabled it under Device manager. It says the device is working properly, but still no sound. Any ideas?

Ive tried 3 different kinds of headphones too.

I've had a lot of issues with the on board sound as well, i had a soundblaster card with my last setup so i threw that in. One thing i noticed with using headphones, everytime i plugged them in i would use the control panel and tick the tab for headphones but no luck, if i leave them plugged in and restart the system it would work. Bit of a PIA so i won't use the onboard.

asdfads.jpg

It dosn't give me an option for the green port, I can have sound through the mic input jack ... :-\

nono, you click on the picture of the mic then tell it what it is you've plugged in (for normal speakers line out) it only lights up the ports you have plugged in

Yeah, the P5WDH has HD Audio enabled by default so you need to change it in the BIOS to AC97 if you are not using HD.

Back