• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax fan controller question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the alarm in the fan controller, or does it go through the computer speakers? Seems pretty dumb to me to put an alarm for a low RPM in a device who's entire existance is devoted to lowering the RPMs...But if it's from the fan controller you could try cutting the wires going to the speaker in it.

the alarm is on the conroller itself, and i cant find any info on it at the enermax site. newegg doesnt have it naymore either. i orderd it on 9/17/05-not even that long ago. its as if it never existed...

hanzalo said:
the alarm is on the conroller itself, and i cant find any info on it at the enermax site. newegg doesnt have it naymore either. i orderd it on 9/17/05-not even that long ago. its as if it never existed...

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... THE TWILIGHT ZONE."

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of the imagination. Next stop: THE TWILIGHT ZONE."
—Two opening narrations by Rod Serling

oh noes, what are we gonna do! :santa:

hanzalo said:
i bougth this enermax fan controller a while ago and it has an alarm that goes off at 1000rpms or lower.does anyone know of a way to shut it off?

No way to do so without disabling the speaker. I had the same model.

Some workarounds:
1) Use fans that don't report RPM
2) Use a different controller. I got the Aerogate 3. Works like a champ.

Alternately pulling the yellow cable out of the wires going into the controller should remove the RPM sensor, if you're careful you should be able to remove it so you could reinsert it later if you want to.
Or you could just cut it and then solder it later :p

Back