• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vx

I'll get straight to it, I downloaded a registry tweak... Full of custom registries, before i installed it, I never backed up my original registeries.
So now i have options that are annoying, for example: When i connect my digital webcam into the computer i can upload pictures/videos. i go into my computer, looking for the icon linking to it, same with my scanner theres no icon for it either. it blocked it all, i've tried uploading pics from the program that came with my digital cam, but not successful at all. can anyone please send me their backed up registry file? or linked me to it? mabe you know which registry to change back? anyways, THANK YOU in advance!

where did you download this registry tweak

what is the exact name of it

does it have a readme, faqs etc

does it have any kind of hlep forum etc

give us more info

and for future reference as im sure you now know, always backup!

Assuming you're running XP, use the System Restore tool to roll back your system to a previous state... a point prior to merging the Registry entries.

system restore? but wouldn't that un-install some of the programs i've install since then? i would give it a try though. and yes.. here is the read me.

http://members.cox.net/neng1/allin1_tweaks.reg.txt
SUPER WINDOWS XP AUTO-TWEAKER
mabe u can take a look at it, and find the exact one to fix.
i try looking for it myself, but i wouldn't know.

http://members.cox.net/neng1/tweaks.reg.txt
SOFTWARE / INTERNET EXPLORER TWEAKS
heres another one i installed too..

thank you so much for re-plying!

Why would you just blindly use some tweakers registry file? Just ignore every tweaking thing you come across of. They are all filled with false information and poor advice. If you need to change something for whatever reason find out what it actually does first. Also, there are really no registry tweaks that improve performance outside of some UI-related ones.

vx said:
system restore? but wouldn't that un-install some of the programs i've install since then?
System restore points are made on an almost daily basis. It will onl remove things installed since the restore point was made. It is by far the easiest and safest way to fix your problem. Just go to the restore program and pick the the restore point just before you used the registry tweak.

Back