• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best sli psu for dfi ultra-d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Hi guys i have the ocz modstream 450 and its running low on the 12v when i stress the cpu i think i need more juice what is the best psu for price at around 550x or so any advice will be greatly apreciated.
thanks angelo.

PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI
Sintek 500 SLI

Both great PSUs. Hard as nails. Perfect rails.

Like EvilCloudStrife said...

OCZ Powerstream 520 SLI is a Great PSU and quite descently priced.

Probably one of THE best though, if you have money to spend on it, is the PC Power & Cooling TURBO-COOL 850W Power Supply - But it does cost an arm and a leg. -- and I might prefer having two OCZs instead..

No need to spend that kind of money to get a decent PSU, but if you must:

http://www.sosinfo.qc.ca/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=550

Check with the retailer to be sure this is the PSL-6701P first, with 45A @ 12v.

The PC P&C 850w will no doubt exceed $550 Canadian, and is not what I would recommend for that rig. At least one 12v rail would not be used, and the other three would be barely loaded at all.

If going SLI/Crossfire, in addition to the above Zippy, I would suggest the Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI, OCZ Powerstream 520w, Zippy HP2-6460P or 6500P, or Silverstone 560w.

If not going SLI I'll add the Fortron AX500-A, Seasonic S12 over 500w, and Antec True 2 over 480w to the list.

Edit - if the question was best 550w range PSU for the money, my recommendation goes to the Zippy HP2-6460P. This is a 460w unit, but rated at 40 degrees high humidity with a 32A 12v rail. It will probably outlast the rest of the rig's components:

http://www.extreme-pc.ca/showproduct.asp?productid=367626&menu1id=12&menu2id=88&menu3id=104

Last edited:
Back