• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Level?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

What are your favorite levels?

Doesn't matter which game, which platform or how old. Which game level gave you that 'wow' feeling, be it for gameplay, looks or just 'coolness'.

My favorites:

Red Alert 1 - The final Soviet level - where you have to conquer the middle island with the allied base on it. It has everything from the game, land, air and water fights and you can finish it in multiple ways. Great oldskool value.

Painkiller - Final level, Hell - Imo one of the best pictures of Hell ever visualised. The whole battlefield, covered with medieval and modern fighting, done in huge detail and with all the screaming and other sounds. Also, the level 'Abandoned Factory' from this game...the level that made you feel ant-ish just by sheer size.

Half-Life 2 - The Bridge. It played well, had a good deal of sniping and looked gorgeous.

1602 AD - the level 'Dark Clouds on the Horizon' - Not sure if the english name is correct, but you started with a bunch of small production islands and had to face the huge mighty red player with his aristocrat city who was essentially dependant on you for resources but had great military power, and beat him in the end. That mission took me nearly 30 hours on my first try, and not even 5 on the second. Gives me that typical 'wow this game rocks' - feeling.

Last edited:
Halo-Assault on the Control Room
Halo 2-Metropolis
Mechassault-The second to last lvl, racking my brain to figure it out
Star Fox 64-Andross

Any level in BF2 when I go into Multi and feel like I am in a war zone. The vehicles driving by, planes and heli's in the air. The world felt so real to me.

Nova Prospekt: It was my absolute favourite level in HL2. It had close-quarters combat in a clausterphobic setting. It was difficult, but not too difficult. It was well-constructed, and looked like what it was supposed to look like: a rundown prison. The designers really took their time on that one, I think.

Swamp of Sorrows: One of my favourite levels for Warcraft III. It teams with life and growing things. One of the best to play for 2v2 or 3v3 :)

El Alamein: This HUGE level for Battlefield: 1942 is still a LANparty favourite. With it's numerous vehicles and huge amounts of open land, we say 'screw the tickets' and make our own fun! Tank races, loops in the bomber and wingsurfing make it a great level to play.

Q3DM11: My absolute favourite Quake III map. It's large, so it can accomidate many players without much trouble. It has both a Quad Damage and a Haste rune which makes combat more varied. It also has a good selection of weapons, ranging from the DB Shotgun to the Rocket Launcher. Great fun.

ut2k4's mothership lvl it had a good setup. Ande the area 51 levels (there's 3) for perfect dark (N64 version also the only game i probably owned everyone at)

The Water Temple! - Zelda 64

The Northern Crater - FF7

Tall Tall Mountain - Mario 64

Reinforcements at Base Nova & Bugport & Street Fight! - Gloom for Q2

Superman_b3 & Ut_Rommel - Urban Terror for Q3

Wake Island - BF2

The Suburbs - Doom2

Grand Valley - GT

The Hammer and the Anvil - Freespace

Into the Lion's Den - Freespace 2

Big Game Hunters - Starcraft

Every Single Level - TIE Fighter

Last edited:
Far Cry If I had to pick one, it would be volcano when you are left at the top of the waterfall stripped of almost all of your equipmentand weapons.

Also I forogt, the part in F.E.A.R. where Alma walking at you with the fire and explosions behind her then you fly out the window in first person view. That was wicked.

I can't remember what it's called, but in doom original, it starts out, then thers the radioactive sludge pool thingy, that you run across, and there's invisible pink demons on the other side, and then like other things.. i love that map..

actually, i love most all doom maps.

de_aztec and de_dust2 are my favorite CS maps

I like the battle arena in gunz (then again i only really play gladiator)

Gnoll Woods in WarCraftIII

The Lost Temple in StarCraft

I think it's hang 'em high in halo, its like, a big square room, its got lots of pillars, a cross-trench in the middle, two/four bunkers, and the likes... i love that map... its also got like, bridges, and you can walk along the walls elevated on like a catwalk type thingy...

Yea Hang em High is the best TDM/DM Halo map. I also like de_dust2 and de_dust which are my favorite CS:S maps. In Halo 2 I really liked Zanzibar, which got the name Beach Party among my lans.

most of mine are gonna come from TFC:

2Fort (old standby classic)
openfire_l

Halo2: Ascension

CS/CSS: fy_iceworld - i love having all of the weapons

Mario64: The first snow level

Goldeneye: Temple

Just that first level in Super Mario 64. I was going from an NES to this game, and it was an awesome feeling being able to play a game so awesome. I still love playing Mario 64 now. Also, playing Counter Strike for the first time was awesome. I had no idea what I was doing, but was having a blast none the less.

tom10167 said:
I love 2Fort on UT2004. I love maps where I can go underwater.

2fort was originally from team fortress classic...

anyway, uh any level in gunstar heroes, the desert level in mario64, the complex in Goldeneye64, any level in any of the teenage mutan ninja turtle games from the NES, the underwater levels in the NES marios, and uh a lot more i cant think of.

Feydd:
Every Single Level - TIE Fighter

I second that, but I really loved the mission where you have to hyper in and waste about 30 pirates in y-wings before they can nail their targets. That one was good times with infinite ammo enabled :cool:

-MW2: Mercs -> the mission where you meet the clans for the first time. A few mechs drop off of a mountain and pummel the heck out of you. In the next mission you escape, steal a tank, and then you get to waste their nuke reactor as revenge.

-Homeworld 1 -> The last mission. That game had a definate 'wow-factor' compared to everything else at the time.

Back