• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron system question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hyabusa007

My system I just built.

AMD Opteron 148 2.2 OCed to 2.75 stable at 250x11 with headroom still with lower multi and upped voltage and better ram.
Albatron nForce4 SLI board
80gig Hatachi x2 in raid 0
512 x2 Corsair ram DDR 400
evga 7800GT
550w PSU

Just a few quick questions.

I have a Thermaltake Typhoon heat sink on my CPU when I built it because I obvously ment to OC it when I bought it. Well anyways my CPU temps are 45c Idle and 47c Load running at 2.75 and I wasnt sure if that is normal to have idle/load temps so close together? I'm willing to take it a little further but I just want to make sure those temps are normal. As of now its a good balance running my ram at 166 Mhz with 416DDR and my HTT is at 1000 still.

After running Sandra and benching the CPU it is 12369 MIPS and 5610 MFLOPS with is slightly above a stock FX-57 so it makes me happy.

The ram I have in it now isn't good for anymore OCing and after testing my HT it went upto 310 mhz. Would it give me anymore performance gain to drop my ram to 133 and OC it back upto around 416 and up my HT to max?

Thanks in advance :) Plz tell me if I'm on the right track.

Hyabusa007 said:
I have a Thermaltake Typhoon heat sink on my CPU when I built it because I obvously ment to OC it when I bought it. Well anyways my CPU temps are 45c Idle and 47c Load running at 2.75 and I wasnt sure if that is normal to have idle/load temps so close together? I'm willing to take it a little further but I just want to make sure those temps are normal. As of now its a good balance running my ram at 166 Mhz with 416DDR and my HTT is at 1000 still.
It's normal for the temp spread. Some have more but nothing to really worry about. I'd be careful, I'm don't personally like to run my CPU temps above 50 but everyone has their own opinion on this. Maybe a stronger fan on your HSF will do or improve your airflow in your case to help ease the temps. What voltage are you running?

The ram I have in it now isn't good for anymore OCing and after testing my HT it went upto 310 mhz. Would it give me anymore performance gain to drop my ram to 133 and OC it back upto around 416 and up my HT to max?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking here (sorry, I'm not awake yet) can you clarify?

Hey :)

I Havent taken the CPU voltage over 1.55

And for the 3nd Q Im asking if I went to a lower memory devider and maxed out my HT if it would be better performance.

Why would you want to run your ram at 166 or 133? They are pc3200 sticks, they should run at 200 stock. So don't put them under that at all, use the dividers only if the ram cannot handle the higher then 200 fsb you're running, but whatever fsb you end up running, do not run the mem any lower then 200.

Trypt said:
Why would you want to run your ram at 166 or 133? They are pc3200 sticks, they should run at 200 stock. So don't put them under that at all, use the dividers only if the ram cannot handle the higher then 200 fsb you're running, but whatever fsb you end up running, do not run the mem any lower then 200.

Im running them like that so I am only over clocking my HT and CPU and my memory wont be OCed, called a memory divider. Like right now I finished testing my OC with 300x10 and runnin my ram at 133. After its all said and done my ram is running at 200mhz (Stock speeds) while my HT is 300 and my HTT is 1000. So Ive just overclocked my CPU and HT while keeping my HTT stock and my memory speed at stock bandwidth due to it being crappy. Until I break down and buy some DDR600 I cant run a 1:1 ratio.

Back