• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To Get Rid of Or Not To Get Rid of?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

Well as you can see in my sig, I have an extra motherboard, and some extra ram. I am not sure if I should build another rig or just sell all of the stuff the extras in the classifieds. Opinions anybody?

WarriorII said:
Use it to FOLD !!!

Get the bug & FOLD away !!!!!

See our forum section on FOLDING

Help find the cure !
:attn:

Let me see if I understand. You want him to FOLD? LOL

_________

Do you want to build another rig? More importantly do you have the extra cash? I would probably just sell the stuff.

I am already Folding with the first rig in my sig... I was thinking about making a server with the other stuff... But I just dont think I am thinking to clearly because I am still going to need a case, harddrive, optical drive, video card, and most importantly a processor. I am getting new memory for christmas, so I am going to throw that value ram into the other computer.

case? hard drive? psht. over rated for a folding rig. ive got four AMD motherboards with CPU's and ram ready to fold, and hopefully in the next week (vacation! yay!) ill be able to plow through enough of my other projects (literally, to GET to my desk) that i will be able to come up with a way to power them, and suspend them undernieth the desk and wire them up to a little network, and start a network boot folding cluster of some sort.

you can get a basic working optical drive for the cost of shipping around here, i personally have 6 propping up a monitor to my left.... and probably 6 more if i looked hard enough. i also have some basic hard drives (2-6 gigs) laying around, incase your not up to the whole network boot folding cluster idea, drives in that range can be had for next to nothing as well.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=117427

not too bad for a few measly rigs, eh? if this project is sucessful in another week ill have iether a pentium d 820 or a dual amd dlt3c w/sp-97's folding as my 'server', and for the mess going under the desk i have laying around...
1) nf7-s w/ 2500+ xp-m
2) nf7-m w/ 2500+ xp-m
3) generic matx board with 1700+ dlt3c
4) other generic matx w/ athlon 900

and later on if i get to it, 400 celly on generic matx, 500 k6-2 on oldschol atx, and possibly a second 400 celly, but its mobo is really acting up.

catch the folding bug, its a sweet feeling when you first start, every little change could effect your PPD, its like fine tuning a racecar kinda feeling...but when you really get going its more like commanding a fleet... of...something. its pretty sweet, anyways. Fold, man. if not for the cure, do it for bragging rights.

I have a 400 Cely in another computer and it is sooo slow...I have had it running for a month now and it has only done 2 WU's

Back