• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800 GTX DVD playback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millard

Registered
Got my new rig up and running last night (see sig) and thought I'd try out my Lord Of The Rings DVD just to see how it looked - well, it looked bad. Really bad!

The system is running fine... new DVD drive (RW) 17" flast screen monitor on 1024x764 with stock (for the time being) 7800 GTX drivers.

Nothing is overclocked as yet but the results were appauling - am i missing something?

Now that's just bad.... I had no idea that this codec was needed and that it costs! Guess i'll have to go "obtain" it... :bang head

I have only installed Power DVD 6 which came with my 7800 GTX (256). I assumed it would be compatible with my card as it was shipped with it...?!

I have installed NVDVD 2.55 (full version) and the quality is better - but it still isnt full DVD quality.

Any other ideas? The card is runnin on stock drivers for now as the rig is not fully complete, although all devices are accounted for and present in device manager.

millard said:
I had only installed Power DVD 6 which came with my 7800 GTX (256). I assumed it would be compatible with my card as it was shipped with it...?!

I have now installed NVDVD 2.55 (full version) and the quality is better - but it still isnt full DVD quality.

Any other ideas? The card is runnin on stock drivers for now as the rig is not fully complete, although all devices are accounted for and present in device manager.

Back