• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA Windows2000 install problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

binaryfuzion

Registered
Mobo: Asus P4P800-E
HD: Seagate Barracuda 250gb Sata150 and 160gb IDE drive

I went through the SATA installing method sticky thread on this website and am still having problems. I copied my Mobo's SATA drivers onto a floppy and went into the windows 2000 setup. I pressed F6 and went through that. Then when I got to the partition screen, Windows only saw the 160gb space to partition and not 250gb from the SATA HD. What could be the problem?

EDIT: Solved the problem but ran into another problem. It turns out I plugged the SATA cable into the wrong spot on the MB. So I fixed that and now Windows see's the drive however, It only lets me partition 130gb. I noticed that on the IDE drive, it only lets me partition the exact same 130gb too. Is this a problem with the Windows 2000 OS?

Last edited:
As a rule of thumb, I only keep one drive and one CD rom installed when reformatting, it's just not worth the hassle.

As far as your problem, how old is the 2k disc? I'd slipstream SP4 on there with NLite(Google it) it's really easy, and will save you headaches for every install you do from here on out.

Back